1/23/15

Ribeye Steak in Germany!

Today marked the two week point for my time here in Deutschland. Having had pork, lamb, chicken, pork, fish, fish, fish, salads, pasta, pizza, pizza, pasta, fish, pork, salad, salad, cereal, pumpkin, potato, pumpkin, leeks, potato, pumpkin, pizza, etc....I had not had any beef yet. I guess the craving altered my evening plans tonight.

After work today, I helped my hostess take down her Christmas decorations outside before walking the 30 minutes to the gym to hit the weights. On the way home from the gym, the plan was to stop at the store and get some turkey or chicken to bake for my dinner. However, I spotted a restaurant that I had heard about, but had not yet located until tonight. It's a Mexican restaurant, and they also have steaks. Lust, gravity, desire, hunger, post weight lifting buzz, Black Angus craving - all led me through the front door of the restaurant called Joe Peña's.

The decor was nice, lighting was cozy, and the place was empty when I arrived because it was early yet for the German dinner hour.

Untitled

Even though the place was empty, all the tables were reserved. I sat at the bar and went for the 300g Ribeye steak medium rare with salad, and grilled veggies.

Tara - you know I just had to pull out the iPhone to snap a shot before I dove in...

300gRibeye

It was just what the Doctor ordered! YUM!

Tomorrow we are off to see Heidelberg where we will tour the Dokumentations- und Kulturzentrum Deutscher Sinti und Roma, and the Heidelberg Castle.

No comments: