12/21/14

Winter has arrived!!!

Today begins Winter with the Solstice and shortest day of the year in terms of daylight. Fall was pretty favorable here in Iowa - outside of one brief cold snap when the Vortex dipped down to make our faces hurt for a few days.

I decorated the tree this past week, and even did some outside (I'll take a shot of the exterior tonight to post up tomorrow).




Happy Birthday...


to my Dad, Preston who turns 88 today in Rapid City, South Dakota. We were out visiting for his birthday 2 years ago. Here are Dad, Zack, and Alexa in his apartment...



Happy Birthday DAD!

Temperatures are a nice 42 degrees today, so I think I'm going to head out for a multi-hour bike ride to take advantage of just about wrapping up my 2014 riding. I used this week as a pretty heavy training week with a lot of TSS from rides, and weights. I'm due for a R&R week beginning tomorrow where I will continue with the weights, and dial back the miles and intensity. My ATP goals of the year were to increase by only about 10% the hours from 2013 (433 hours in 2013). 

I will do a quick follow up post on all of that next week once I tally the final numbers, but I actually am close to the additional 10% I was seeking. I've been using December as month one of base building for 2015. Everything I've read for the Master's athlete is, due to recovery, keep the hours pointed towards quality vs. quantity. So I have about maxed out the annual hours that I need to with this year being the most ever. Next year, I will not attempt to exceed this year's hours by adding 10%, but will focus on higher quality hours of the same amount.

Upcoming: Tara and I celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary on December 30th!!! It's a big milestone for us in many ways. I'm looking forward to all the years to come with Tara. 

No comments: