12/28/14

Saddle Time...

Tara went out for a walk with the dogs this morning, and when she returned she announced it was beautiful outside and to get ready to go on a long bike ride with her. After some coffee, cereal, and catching up on some work, I got suited up in my 26-33 degree riding gear. We drove over to Martensdale to ride the Great Western Trail to Mullets and back for a 44 mile round trip.

She was right, the bright sunshine, clear air, and pleasant temperatures made for a nice picturesque ride. We were quickly reminded how beat up the south end of the GWT is as it really needs to be resurfaced. After a nice lunch at Mullets, we turned the ships around and headed back to Martensdale into a slight headwind which got the HR up a bit more. I had not overdressed, so was just right comfort wise. Tara's toes were freezing as she was in her normal summer cycling shoes since she doesn't own any winter ones. My iPhone froze up again about 2 miles from the parking lot due to the colder temperatures and headwind because I had it exposed on my handlebars. We made it back home fine where we chowed down on a take and bake pizza from Papa Murphy's.

The 3 hour ride wrapped up a 12 1/2 hour training week amidst a busy weekend of getting my lesson plans, and materials ready for Germany. I have three or four meetings tomorrow, some online judging to complete (divided between Monday and Tuesday), a list of errands, dropping off a car for a new tie rod, smoking 3 chickens, and some phone calls will make for a hectic Monday.

We were captured by Judy Pauley the other night as a family sitting on a couch...



I need longer days this coming week to get all I need to do completed. Time management will be kicking into overdrive starting tomorrow morning...

No comments: