12/15/14

Rainy days and Mondays always get me...

Monday morning and it is raining. In honor or the late Karen Carpenter, I'm making the coffee and organizing breakfast while listening to her golden throat...



The weekend seemed to blow right on through with the warm winds from the south. Fred Lorber's funeral was on Friday. It was a fitting tribute and celebration to Fred's life and how he touched all those he encountered. We shared some special music, listened to three wonderful eulogies, and the Rabbi's message. Fred had touched everyone in the room through his stories, character, charisma, deeds, and love for life. Tears were shared, laughs were shared, respect was shared. One left the Temple filled with the good fortune of having known Fred.  

Since I was all dressed up and in Des Moines, I went shopping in the afternoon for things I need to take to Germany.  I got home and went out for a bike ride to enjoy the warm temperatures.  After a nice warm shower, I had dinner with Tara and Zack.

Saturday began with a meeting from 11:30 - 2:30, and was followed by picking up a suit that was tailored, and dropping off another for alterations.  Then a quick lunch with Tara at Palmer's Deli. A bike ride with my lights on where a buck running at full tilt nearly took me out on the Summerset Trail at dusk. I made it back home and had a lovely dinner of lamb, rice, and butternut squash.

Sunday was a mellow morning in bed with coffee and CBS. We wanted to take advantage of the 60 degree temperatures, so Tara and I headed out on the road bikes. After passing Summerset State Park on the Summerset Trail, there were so many hunters out in the fields and pickups parked along the gravel roads we turned around for fear of getting shot. We altered our route and managed to make up the miles on alternative trails, and roads to get our 2+ hours in for the day. Then I just tuned into football for some mindless entertainment until I went to the store to purchase the evening's produce that I wanted to cook. More football, and then it was bed time. Seems like the three days just flew by...

...and now it is rainy and Monday!

No comments: