11/27/14

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wishing a very Happy Thanksgiving to all family and friends today!



I had planned on attending the 15th Annual Turkey Day Ride at Center Trails this morning at 8 am. However, due to temperatures being 4 degrees, and all the snow we got yesterday along with my mountain bikes all being fitted with XC Renegades at the moment - I decided to stay upright and safe here at home.  Trainer ride in the basement instead.  It will jump from 4 degrees this morning, to 54 on Saturday which should melt the snow and allow me to get out on pavement to burn off the food we are about to enjoy.

My niece is here from California, and two of my college students who did not travel home for Thanksgiving will be joining us to give thanks on this day.  The turkey is about to come out of the honey brine, and will go on the Big Green Egg for a nice smoke at about 11:30 this morning.  Pies are made.  Bread is made.  Sweet potatoes are made.  Everything else is about to commence for the big day.

No comments: