4/8/14

Base is over, build begins...

I completed the 12 week base training phase that I began in early January.  Last week was sort of a filler week where I repeated another week of base that culminated in the Gent's Race on Saturday.  I took Sunday off the bike and began a 12 week build, peak, and race training phase on Monday with an hour weight lifting session (leg work).

Between all of that on Sunday and Monday, I helped Tara out turning 150 pounds of IBP meat into 1320 kebabs which are now frozen and awaiting a Food Festival Event in May.  Needless to say, my hands, hair, and body smell like onion, garlic, cumin, parsley, and beef.  We have another weekend of that to go for the second round, but that will be later this month.

This month is all about singing.  Student recitals.  Rehearsals.  Run-throughs.  Voice Classes.  Zack is singing Schubert's Winterreise on Saturday at 3 PM in Lekberg Hall and we are in final preparations for that (he's ready), but I've got to pick up the refreshments and organize the reception.  My studio has their recital on April 17th and April 22nd.  I'm singing at the Simpson Gala on April 25th.  And we are preparing our opera workshop course for the month of May which involves a few hours of planning each week on top of our normal load.  Luckily, the weather has made a turn for the better to support everyone's mood coming out of the long hibernation period and it's nice not having to bundle up.

It looks like the dirt should be good to ride this week with the freeze/thaw cycle having stopped and things have dried out enough to allow riding on singletrack.  I'll try and work some of that into my training after today provided my work schedule allows it.

Now, off for my 90 minute before work ride to drill 3 x 12 Zone 4 intervals and record it all for TrainingPeaks....

Bike Mount from Rokform


No comments: