2/10/14

5 Weeks of Base Training in the BAG!!!

It almost seems hard to believe that tomorrow begins the 6th week of my 12 week base training plan, but it's true as today was the end of the 5th week.  On tap was a big 3 hour Zone 2/Zone 3 ride which would have been nice had I been doing it outside.  However, there is simply too much snow and ice to ride outside and temps were only in the single digits.  I was a bit zapped from Saturday's workout and calorie deficit...

So, it was one of these days today...

image

Due to me spending 40 minutes doing dog walks today as well as shoveling the walks and driveway, I decided 2 hours of Zone 2/3 was plenty for today.  I wasn't in the mood to eat enough food to cover the calorie burn of another hour.  Nor did I really have time as I needed to prepare for tomorrow's Study Abroad Fair with some literature and photographs. 

I finished up, then headed over to campus to see the Simpson Faculty Group Sonoroso present a recital later in the afternoon.  It was a very enjoyable program!!

I made a nice arugula salad, and baked a pizza for dinner as Tara and I watched coverage of the Olympics on NBC. 

The weekend came and went, over and out...

No comments: