1/31/14

Goofy bike stuff...

Some fun goofy stuff to add to the fun video "How to be a mountain biker" that are not to be missed.  It's important to laugh at yourself, and these videos provide enough fodder for everyone.

"What's Enduro?" is goofy and fun...



And this classic - "How to be a Road Biker"



Pretty funny stuff that includes something to poke fun of all of us that engage in cycling as an activity.

Speaking of engaged...

Last night's post-work training session was a real grind for me.  On deck was a good warm up that was then to be followed with some Level 4 work via 4 x 6 intervals (only 2 minutes Zone 1 recovery between them).  I made it through the first 3 reps, but during the 4th - my mind, body, and heart took over and was screaming at me to BAIL!!!

GrindingThursday


Somehow, I did get the work in and completed my 24 minutes of Level 4 effort, but that 4th interval was not ideal at all.  I was clawing, scraping, hanging on, begging for mercy, cross-eyed in pain, wishing for all to be over, and generally doing anything I could to get out of it.  My power number dropped below my goal several times and I had to dig super deep to pull it back up.  It was telling enough that I questioned my Zones and wonder if my FTP tested out too high for this time of year, or if I was just exhausted from the day, a couple of poor night's sleep that were not the best, or if that last interval is supposed to feel that way.  I guess if they were too easy and I ended the session with plenty of energy to do more, then I would have the bar set too low.  Perhaps just hanging on by the skin of my teeth to fight through the last one means that it is stretching me a bit and it should be a fight to the finish to achieve the growth. 

Regardless, I'm happy to have today off of the slayer...

image


No comments: