11/28/13

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Today is the 4000+ calorie day for sure.  Although we are attempting to throttle back some of the heavier caloric things a bit with alternative dishes, but nonetheless - lots will be ingested this evening.

I saw a clip on one of the morning talk shows where a famous chef informed us that what you find in canned pumpkin - is not really pumpkin after all.  It's usually another squash - be it Butternut, Hubbard, and or Marrow.  So I searched the net and sure enough, he was right. 

Here's a link...

Oh well.  I'm still going to enjoy a slice or two.  Pass the Hubbard Squash pie...

The 17 pounder came out of the brine a little after 10 AM this morning and is now in the oven.  Our Thanksgiving Feast traditionally is around dinner time, but it might be closer to 5 PM tonight based on the timing of all the food preparation.  Pies are done.  Stuffing is done.  Turkey is in the oven.  Cranberry salad is yet to be made.  Correction - it is now finished.  And the potatonik is yet to be made.

Time to stretch and work on an aggravated lower back/support system!!!

I need to burn some more calories today to prepare for ingesting the big meal, so I'll be heading north to Summerset State Park again for a couple of laps of singletrack and the 14 miles of blacktop to get there and back.  Moving from riding full suspension all year long to my road bike and Dos Niner this fall, my lower back is acting up - especially with the fall weight lifting schedule.

I need to stop avoiding the symptoms and hit the stretches to start to take care of it.

Julie always helps me...



And James helps me out on the trail...



And in the basement...



Happy Thanksgiving to all and enjoy giving thanks with friends, family, and guests that you sit with at the table.





No comments: