2/7/13

The Mullet Fall Classic receives nomination!!!

Cool news for The Mullet Fall Classic mountain bike race that I host.  I got an email yesterday from Iowa's Momentum Magazine saying....

Good morning, Bruce.  

I am emailing with some exciting news -- the readers of Iowa Momentum have selected the Mullet Fall Classic as the winner or runner-up in  "Top Mountain Bike Race" in our first annual Reader's Choice Awards.   This is a prestigious honor that you should most certainly be proud of.  

Readers voted for their top choices in 50 categories by logging on to http:www.iowamomentum.com and taking the survey.  All winners and runners-up will be published in the March 2013 issue of Iowa Momentum.  You will also receive an award that will be mailed to you after the March 2013 issue publishes.

If you are not familiar with Iowa Momentum, we are a monthly publication that distributes 10,000 copies throughout Central Iowa each month.  Our primary focus is the endurance athlete.  You can see our magazine on-line at http:www.iowamomentum.com .

This will be one of the most sought after issues of the year and a great place for you to thank the readers for voting for you.  I have attached our rate sheet for you to review.  Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to proceed with placing an ad.

Again, congratulations on this great honor!
 
Lisa Meline
Advertising Executive
Iowa Momentum Endurance Sports Magazine
OneOfTheBridgeCrossings
  
That's good news indeed!  Thank you to all who voted for The Mullet.  I'm already busy at work to make this year's October 6th event even better for you. 


More good news for The Mullet!!

Two new additions for this year thus far.  The event will be the State Championship for the IMBCS and conducted under the USA Cycling sanctions.  YesThe Iowa State Championship!!!  A few more steps and protocols to make that happen, but I think it will all be worth it for everyone.



Training...

Yesterday called for 30 minutes on the bike in the morning and weights and core work for workout #2 in the evening.  I was a bit lethargic from a long and exhausting day at work, getting home late and drained - but I managed to do all the required work and finally ate dinner around 8 pm.  And I am happy to report that my digital scale claims I have achieved my goal of parity with regard to body weight.  I am now back to exactly what I was last Friday before a weekend of indulgence.  We're talking about 2+ pounds here, so I'll try not to let that happen again.

Today and tomorrow are fairly easy training days to set me up for big mileage this weekend.  Looks to be 43+ and sunny on Saturday.  We've had 2 days of melt already and today and tomorrow will continue to melt everything off setting this weekend up for outside riding.  Sunday will be 51, but I'll have to ride in the rain (which I don't mind).

Big project due on Friday and Monday at work, so I'm burning the candle early and late every day to accomplish it.


2 comments:

Iowagriz said...

Both items are great news and should make you proud of your efforts!

Congrats!

Tom

Bruce Brown said...

Thanks Tom!!!

I hope your skiing trip was a fun one. I haven't been yet this year and miss hitting the slopes!!