3/14/12

Mired in Committee Work...

'Tis the busy season for committee work which seems to be draining me of a lot of energy. Miles to go today on a project. On top of that, I'm busy trying to figure out some forms with regard to required embedded skills in a class I will be teaching this fall on the Holocaust. I found myself literally staring blankly at some forms the past 48 hours...but I did manage to get one finished yesterday and will start the other one today.

I mounted up another Nobby Nic 2.35 on the rear of the RIP for some blasting through trails. At least on pavement testing in the neighborhood, it seems to roll as fast and easily as the 2.4 Ralph back there. Not a bad weight for the pair as the lightest was Nic came in at 720g. The Ralph 2.4 (640g) just doesn't hold sealant well (have to add it far too often as the sidewalls are so thin). Hoping the Nic does what I need in the rear.

Nics

Heading to Boulder tomorrow with Alexa for a campus visit. Hmmmm....I wonder what the trails are like in the Boulder area at the moment........

In the meantime, it's going to hit 84 today (not bad for a winter day in Iowa). I'm heading out for a 2 hour pre-work ride to calm my nerves and keep my training on task.

Update: What a great ride!!! 2:15 with lots of dirt...

No comments: