3/1/12

March is HERE!!!!

Every November I always think March seems miles away as fall wraps up and winter rolls in during Decembe while the temperatures drop. This year has been a stellar "winter" in terms of the winter that was not, so the wait didn't seem too bad at all moving through December, January and February with all of the 50's and 60's we saw for temperatures. In spite of that, March is now here. The official start of spring is only 20 days away...

Happy birthday to big sis Becky today who turns 52! Wow! Talk about time flying...

I managed to get in 2:10 before work yesterday in winds that were gusting 50-60 mph. Going to Carlisle with the wind, I was spun out most of the time on my JET 9. I knew that meant coming back against the wind was going to be a torture. It was - at least in terms of the time it took to pedal the 13 miles back. The windchill was so cold (even with a temp around 40), that for the first time this "winter", my toes got chilly in my Shimano shoes. They were good for the first 90 minutes, but coming back against winds that strong the feet got chilly due to me only wearing a thin dress sock. My bad.

Today is sunny, not windy, and will hit 55. I hope to get at least a 60 minute recovery ride in this morning before work or this afternoon after work due to the forecast for rain on Friday. It's supposed to climb up to the mid 60's by Tuesday - perfect for Spring Break!!! Still can't get on the trails after 9 am due to the freeze thaw cycle. So it continues to be bike trail, gravel and pavement base miles.

Yesterday was a delight at work and is a reminder to pinch myself every now and then. Delibes, Mozart, Schumann, Schubert, Ravel, Poulenc, Faure, Milhaud, Korngold, Finzi, Weatherly, Donaudy, etc... all day long in my voice studio with the students. I finished off the leap year February 29th day attending a piano concert at Simpson featuring alum Bryan Stanley playing Couperin, Mozart, Chopin and his own recent compositions about Maui. And had a piece of homemade cheesecake (from Zach's birthday) to boot. Not a bad day at all...

No comments: