1/28/12

Winter continues - NOT!!!!

46 yesterday, 42 today. 58 on Monday, 48 - 54 forecast for most of the rest of the coming week. Ho-hum, such is the "winter" of 2012. Today is the 38th day of the winter season and I didn't even wear a jacket to rehearsal and set construction this fine Saturday. Unfortunately, due to being the stage director for Mozart's Cosi fan tutte at Simpson College, I am working 8 am to 11 pm every day and night which means I am not able to enjoy the outside very much - except for the dog walks.

Look at this Ho-Hum Winter week of weather...


Ho-Hum Winter 2012

Tomorrow I am going for a 2+ hour bike ride to make up for it. I only managed about 2 1/2 hours of training this entire past week - which is not good at all for me, but work supersedes training at the moment. I usually try to shoot for 3-4 hours on the bike as an "off week" during winter, but this week was pathetic. The coming week will pretty much be the same as all of my free time is spent preparing for each rehearsal. Act I down, Act II to go. After this coming week, I should be able to up my miles to the 6-8 hour + range to continue my base building. The good news is the work schedule and stress of directing an opera leaves me little time to eat, so I am dropping weight faster than I expected.

Other things....

Final revision of our Team Kits for BikeIowa.com 2012 look like this:

jersey revision for team

I have yet to see any drawing or rendering of the bibs, but I'm still stoked with the new design. It's very unique for a bike kit.

On tap for tonight - it's off to the Show Choir Dinner Show called "Cabaret". Rehearsal and set building all day tomorrow. No weekend for me until the last weekend in February...

On the good news front...

A former student of mine won the Metropolitan Opera National Council Audition in the San Antonio district and advanced to the Southwest Regionals where she took 2nd Place!!! She is in the semi-finals for the Houston Grand Opera Studio this weekend. Congrats to Sarah Larsen from Roseville, MN for this. Two of my high school voice students won 1st place male and 1st place female sololist at the Johnston Show Choir solo competition last weekend. Congrats to Zachary Jones and Kaitlin Moews for that. All 3 are very talented and it has been a pleasure to teach all of them.

No comments: