12/30/11

22 Years and Counting...

Happy Anniversary to my lovely wife whom I married 22 years ago today in Lafayette, California!!! We are celebrating by doing a joint "2 chefs in the kitchen" big meal tonight with a wonderful piece of prime we ordered from the butcher last week. The plan is to do a horseradish crust on it. Yummy!

Here we are on the 9th day of Winter 2011-2012, and Ma Nature has yet to show us the season has actually arrived. It was 61 yesterday and should hit 47-49 today before marching back up into the upper 50's again tomorrow for New Year's Eve.

What to do in this confusing weather in terms of riding the bike? Ride, I guess.

Well, even though this is still my low point month training and fitness wise, I simply can't resist getting outside - especially since it is the holiday break at work. Neither can my wife - who is also on holiday break. I rode 2 1/2 hours on the bike Wednesday and another 3 hours yesterday in the balmy temps. I didn't even need a jacket, just a long sleeve jersey and long bibs. I was able to do 2 full laps at Banner Pits yesterday and it was dry, except for a few tacky spots. It rained overnight, so the trails will be too wet to ride today. However, 25 mph winds and sunshine will dry it up this afternoon so that late today - or for sure - tomorrow should be great dirt riding again. Looks like I'm going to end up with about 9 hours riding outdoors on the bike week this week. Incredible for the last week of December!!!

Speaking of riding, it's time to take the dogs out for their morning walk/ride around the neighborhood.

No comments: