3/31/10

Passover, Easter, Spring and what not...

It's official, the door has been opened to let Elijah in and the temps are warm enough that it's okay to keep the front door open. ;=) So spring has sprung!! We went to the annual Seder last night up at the temple in Des Moines. About 180 sat down for the dinner. Easter break is this weekend having the usual Monday off of work. I'm not sure why colleges don't give Good Friday off, but they instead give the Monday off and call it "Easter Monday". In a timely fashion for Easter, the flowers have popped out just outside my office door. Of course, it doesn't hurt that the underground steam pipes kept that section of earth pretty warm all winter long...

I hit up Banner Pits yesterday during my lunch hour. It's good to ride now that the floods and snow melt have subsided, but a lot of sticks and limbs need to be picked up along the way. Nothing major (only one tree). I moved a dozen or so limbs, but blasted through everything else since I was on the earth and limb eating RIPster. A little bit of mud in a few spots, but not bad at all. Here's what the RIP looked like after I did 2 laps on the north side and one lap of Riverside before loading up and heading back to work...

Ravens are Rippin'

A little bit of mud on the tires, but nothing that really slowed me down or prevented me from riding the loops. I was the first bike on Riverside according to the lack of tracks. Lots of deer droppings all over the trail from the winter. So be prepared for dung!

I think I'll get some singletrack in today before going in to work, and then do a pavement ride with the wife on the bike trail after work before the evening's concerts.

I'm looking forward to 80 degrees today and tomorrow. Now that's more like it...

No comments: