2/9/10

Snow, snow, snow, snow, snow....

Oy! Shoveling snow last night at 10:30 pm so I could take the garbage out before going to bed was not a fun endeavor in the wind and blowing snow. Although the amount of snow that fell was not the largest amount we have received this year (I think it was only 6 - 10"), the way the wind blew and how things unfolded created the largest drifts in our driveway this winter. It took me over an hour to clear the drifts and get the walks opened up. Nothing like a workout right before going to bed. It looks like we'll have a respite from snow until Friday when the next batch hits us. The driveway is officially a mess and pavement won't be seen until temps climb higher.

Indianola schools sent the kids home yesterday at 1:30 p.m. due to the snow and today there was a 2 hour delay before school started. They've missed 9 days of school to date and the school board voted to lengthen the school day and all classes to make up the days so we don't have to go beyond June 11th for the make-up days.

I've managed to whittle away all the holiday weight I had gained. I am now back down to my fighting weight thanks to all my trainer rides in the basement, weight lifting and daily morning 20-30 minute rides out on the snow with the dogs. This morning was sub zero again and the Chris King rear hub was not engaging very well at all in the cold temps. I keep telling myself that it will all be over in just a few more weeks.

Three more dress rehearsals of The Mikado this week before we open on Friday night. I haven't slept much this entire month working 7 days a week and all the late night rehearsals. Combined with the winter weather, and I am tuckered out....

No comments: