11/13/09

Just like riding a bike...

I performed a bit of Don Giovanni this evening at a student/faculty concert and it was just like riding a bike. Boy, I'm getting the itch to sing in an opera soon to get all my blood flowing again! I'll have to work on that...

I've been investigating a helmet light to pair with my NiteRider MiNewt X.2 Duals I bought at the Boone 24 a couple of years ago. It is dark so early (what, about 4:30 pm these days?) that I am having to ride in the dark. The X.2's are working great, but on singletrack it's nice to have a light on the helmet so I can turn my head and see what is coming up. At the Boone race, the NiteRider demo truck let me borrow a helmet light and it was a great system to have both the handlebar lights and the helmet light. I'll keep looking for something in stock and within my budget.

My X.2's...

New Night Rider MiNewts

Today was off the bike (outside of walking the dogs in the neighborhood). I will do a little tune up tomorrow afternoon after our auditions all morning for prospective students who are here for the weekend. I'm looking forward to Sunday's Dirty Du up in Des Moines. Temperatures will be dropping from the low 60's to the high 40's, so it will be chilly out there on Sunday.

1 comment:

Iowagriz said...

I'll try to remember to bring my new light to the Du. Cheap and good.