4/10/09

Opening weekend...

It's opening weekend for the Royals in KC. We're heading down today for the Royals vs. Yankees opening series this weekend, a little shopping, a little eating, a little swimming and weekend getaway.

Training continues with intensity. I never know which races I will actually get to do based on weather, family schedule, work and all those things that seem to come up in life at the last minute. It now looks like a very strong possibility that my work will be taking me over to France/Belgium/Holland for a few weeks in April and May. I had not planned on that trip, so if I do end up going over the big pond - I will miss out on 4 of my planned opening races I originally thought I would race: Sylvan Island, Ingawanis, Swanson and Platte River. I should know early next week if France/Belgium/Holland is in or out of the work schedule. No matter, I still continue with my training as if I was preparing for next weekend's opening race.

Now - off to Kansas City...

No comments: