1/23/09

Manhandling the C7i in the basement...

Even with my rock music blaring, water bottles filled, and everything all comfy on the C7i exercise bike in the basement - man it can get boring doing these endurance phase/base building rides indoors. 30 minutes I can handle. 45 is a piece of a cake. An hour is good and I can tolerate it. But you cross into the 1 1/2 - 2 hour time frame and ugghhh....

Let's see, last night my son was across the room playing away on his Play Station, KGGO was firing up all the old heavy metal classics on the Bose next to me, I had my laptop open and on the display of the C7i to do some reading while sweating away and the smell of dinner was wafting down from the kitchen. Plenty of stimuli for the workout, but the prescribed 1 1/2 hours seemed to drag on in spite of all the things around me. But I made it through the workout and got the full 90 minutes under my belt in the proper HR zones. And I actually felt really good afterwards. I went upstairs and showered, ate, folded laundry, changed the sheets, chatted with the wife and kids for about an hour and then hit the hay.

TGIF!! Tonight I'm attending an opera up in Des Moines with my wife. My colleague at Simpson wrote it and Opera Iowa is performing it before heading out on tour with the piece which is about George Washington Carver.

No comments: