1/4/09

Back Pain!!!

The fall I took a couple of days ago has me in pain at the moment. There is a big old lump on my lower back where the cellphone and my wallet were in my jersey pocket and is the spot my full force hit the ground. I didn't feel too bad yesterday and spent a couple hours in the gym doing my strength phase weights and about 45 minutes on the exercise bike. I felt good during and after the workout. I've managed to shed about 3-4 pounds of that holiday goodness in the past few days which, of course, is the usual plan for January.

I woke up this morning and felt the pain in the back immediately. I couldn't stand up straight and my usual stretching treatment and physical therapy back care did nothing for the pain. It hurts to stand. It hurts to sit. It hurts to lay in bed. So I'm kind of stuck in hurt. I gave in and popped 4 Ibuprofen mid-afternoon which didn't do much for me at all. I took a shower around 4:30 pm and felt the knot in my back which really hurt to touch. No external bruising yet, but it wouldn't surprise me to see some emerge by tomorrow. I'm hoping the back is less ginger tomorrow as the work year starts up again in full force.

When I fell off the bike on the ice covered path, I didn't realize how hard I hit. My body is now informing me...

No comments: