11/16/08

1st Week of Muscular Hypertrophy in the bag...

I'm about 2-3 weeks ahead of schedule this year over last in my off-season lifting. I just finished week one of the muscular hypertrophy phase. I'm pretty much using the same 1 RM from last year, although I adjusted the squat weights for a 0 pound bar on the Smith Machine. Every time I go to the gym, the free weight bars are in use by somebody - so I am doing the squats on the Smith this season (unless I walk in and find the free weights and rack available which usually never happens).

Tough Guy

I am also keeping my body weight a little less this year than last after my month of pumpkin pie, booze, cookies and appetizers. Last year at this point in my lifting, I was 194.5 pounds. I'm hovering in the 184-6 area at present, but expect it to keep climbing as the lifting and growth phase continues. I'm just hoping not to get as high as 194.5 this year. Time will tell.

The period calls for the following routine:


Muscular Hypertrophy Period (4 weeks)


Sets...............Reps.......Percent of 1 RM............Rest Between Sets (Minutes)

#1 and #2........10 to 12...........65%.......................1 ½ to 2

#3 and #4........10 to 12...........70%.......................1 ½ to 2

#5 and #6........10 to 12...........75%.......................1 ½ to 2



Lower Body = 4 days per week (2 days heavy 65%/70%/75%; 2 days light 60%/65%/70%)
Upper Body = 2 days per week (1 heavy 65%/70%/75%; 1 light 60%/65%/70%)

OldSchoolWeights

No comments: