9/13/08

Hoping Ike turns EAST!!!

It's been raining for over 24 hours and once again, the sump pump is "on duty" in the basement doing what it is supposed to do. I sure hope Ike turns enough north and east to keep us out of the 4 - 6" path of rain expected to hit the upper Midwest. Although I do want to test my new downspout system, I don't really want to take on another 4" rain this year to saturate my basement - especially now that the new carpet, paint and molding is already installed. Midwest Basements are finally coming by on Wednesday to make a diagnosis of our drainage and basement to see what more we could improve upon for the future. So I am hoping Ike turns east with plenty of breathing room for us here in central Iowa. We are under a flood watch from all the rain we've received the last few days as it is. 4.5" in the past 3 days. So we do not need Ike!

The Psycowpath Race in Nebraska was canceled today and rescheduled for Saturday, September 20th. That means a race on Saturday and on Sunday this coming week. Ouch! That will certainly test my conditioning. I'll be hitting the bike today for some more training to substitute for the missed race today.

Indianola High School Homecoming game last night against Sioux City East. We won 28-8 and have opened the season with a 3-0 record. There were a lot of fumbles last night in the game from both teams as the rain just continued to strengthen during the game. Zack will quarterback the two JV games this week against Ottumwa and Des Moines Lincoln. Weather looks good for those provided Ike turns east so the Monday night game against Ottumwa can be dry. The JV won their opening game this week 31-6, or maybe it was 34-6 - I forget.

No comments: