4/21/07

Dog(s) Tired...

I took my 2 labs with me yesterday to ride the Greenwood trails in Des Moines. I figured on a Friday morning we wouldn't encounter too many people so my dogs off leash would be a low risk proposition. Sure enough, we didn't see anyone except a pair of teenagers sitting in lawn chairs out in the middle of the woods. They were goofy with smiles and high on something that smelled sweet and created a little cloud of smoke around them while playing the "let's skip school" Friday morning teenage thing. Oh to have a mind and waste it....

Weather was beautiful and the trails are in great shape. The dogs went bananas in the river and I kept my speed down to not tire them too quickly. Max did something to his front leg near the end of the ride as he is hobbling around a little bit and stiff. He's usually the strong one that I can hardly keep up with, but he must have pulled something near the end of the run. They were tired at the end, but had a great time. I'll go without the dogs this weekend so I can push the pace. My groin pull is completely gone - or so it seems. Strange...

I'm spending the weekend watching my son's AAU baseball team at a tournament. We opened our play in the tournament last night with a 15-3 win over Waukee. Today we play Ottumwa and West Des Moines Magic (my son's old team).

No comments: